September 19, 2017
• Tuesday, 9/19. Josten’s presentation. Seniors only. 2nd period. HHS Gym.
• 10/2. Homecoming Week.
• 10/12 Picture Retakes.
· ART CLUB meets Wednesdays at lunch in Room 47. The first meeting will be Wed, Sept. 6. Everyone who loves art is welcome. Help paint our mural! Take field trips to see great art! Make friends! Inspire creativity! If you have any questions, contact Ms. Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 324-2333.
· Do you kinda like science, math, and/or engineering? Do you fish, hunt, raise livestock or farm? Are you really interested in infectious diseases? Do you have a strange desire to sell hot dogs at sporting events? Science Club wants YOU to join! Come be a part of our state champion teams! Win money! Travel to exotic places (like Lewistown)! Find out what the HHS Science Olympiad, Science Bowl, and Envirothon teams are all about. Join us Tuesdays at lunch in room 62 (Mrs. Hunt).
· Good Morning! On October 10, Mackenzie river pizza restaurant will be helping raise funds for “running for Montana’s future” which is part of Angel Fund! Resource Officers purchase athletic shoes for students in our Helena schools for kids in need. If any of your students are needing proper shoes for gym class or to participate in sports, please let your Resource officer know.
· All juniors and seniors are invited to attend a college fair on Monday, September 25th at the Carroll College gym from 1:30pm to 3:00pm. You’ll need to register online and print a bar code at the end of the registration process. The bar code serves as your ticket in the door and your entry into a scholarship drawing. In addition to registering online you’ll need to sign-up with Ms. Oliveira in the counseling office. A parent will need to excuse you ahead of time, but if you check-in with Ms. Oliveira at the college fair she’ll change your absence to school related the next day. You can find more information on the counseling department webpage and at www.montanacolleges.com.
· Tickets for reserved seating for the crosstown football game next Friday night will go one sale on Monday morning at 8:00 am in the main office. There will be a total of 204 reserved seats in the guest bleachers. Tickets are $10 each.
· A representative from the University of Southern California will be in the counseling office at 8:00am on Tuesday. You can sign-up on the clipboard in the counseling office or you can drop-in. See Ms. Oliveira with any questions.
· There are still a few Fall drivers education classes available at CHS. Please pick up the registration form in the Main Office or down load it from the website at: http://helenaschools.org/departments/traffic-education/. Bring late registration to: May Butler Center 55 S. Rodney Helena, MT 59601
· Are you interested in completing an internship with Helena Food Share? If so, stop by the counseling office and talk to Ms. Oliveira.
· Show your school Spirit!! Mr. Hollow’s sports and entertainment marketing class will be selling crosstown football shirts at lunch in front of the counseling center and in front of the gym starting on Wednesday. You can also purchase shirts in Mr. Hollow’s room 307 during the day or at the game on Friday night.
· Senior pictures are due Friday, October 6th to Mrs. Lunnon in room 4.
• Green Group – Monday at Lunch in Room 32.
• BPA meets at noon in Room 6.
• Science Club Tuesdays at lunch room 62
• Senior Class meets every other Tuesday at lunch beginning 9/19.
• Travel Club meet Tuesdays in room 26 at noon beginning 9/12.
• ART CLUB meets Wednesdays at lunch in Room 47.
• AWS will meet every Wednesday at noon in Welding Shop. (Beginning 9/13)
• Deca – Wednesday at noon in Rm 307. (Beginning 9/13)
• Envirothon Thursdays at lunch in room 214.
• Skills USA – Thursdays at Noon in Room 304.(Beginning 9/11)
• Outdoors Club – Friday at noon in Room 60.