- Deadline: October 1, 2019
- Deadline Details: The application must be completed in its entirety and postmarked by 11:59 p.m. on October 1, 2019. The two successful delegates and two successful alternates will be notified in December.
- Award: Two students from Montana will be selected to receive one $10,000 scholarship each, along with a required, one-week, all-expense paid trip to Washington D.C., for Washington Week, March 7-14, 2020.
- Download Application
- Find out More →
How to Qualify
- Be a junior or senior in a Montana public, private, or charter high school. Students need not be nominated to apply for the scholarship.
- Hold a leadership position in any one of the following student government, civic, or educational organizations during the entire 2019-20 academic year:
- Student body president, vice president, secretary, or treasurer
- Class president, vice president, secretary, or treasurer
- Student Council representative
- National Honor Society officer
- Student representative elected or appointed (by a panel, commission, or board) to a local, district, regional, state-level civic, service, and/or educational organization
- Be a permanent resident of the United States at the time of application
- Be a Montana resident at the time of application
For more information on eligibility, code of conduct, and complete rules, click USSYP 2020 Brochure.