Saturday-June 6, 2020
Students must report to the Carroll College PE Center gymnasium by 9:00 a.m.
Helena High School is dedicated to ensuring that these graduates are College and Career ready! We proudly send these students into the next chapter of their lives. Graduates…please know that we continue to stand behind you as you move forward and we thank you for the many years that you were with us here at Helena High, representing what we stand for. Best of luck to you and GO BENGALS!!
Students in the class of 2020 must have completed all graduation requirements in order to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Watch Live on June 6, 2020!
Click here to view the 2019 Helena High School Live Stream commencement exercises.
Here’s a secondary link: HHS Live Stream
2020 Commencement Speaker
These are the Class of 2020 Valedictorians
These are the Class of 2020 Salutatorians
For information on Senior Yearbook Pictures click here.
Buy your yearbook online at: www.Balfour.com
Tickets for Admission
If the weather permits, graduation will be held outside at Nelson Stadium and no tickets will be necessary. If we encounter inclement weather, graduation will be held indoors at the Carroll College PE Center. Each senior will be issued a certain number of tickets the week before graduation day. Tickets will be handed out in Government classes in May. Tickets CANNOT be replaced if lost or stolen due to limited seating. Seating in the gymnasium is determined by the authority of the Fire Marshall and there are no extra tickets.
(Remember, tickets will be used ONLY in case of inclement weather.)
We do ask that if a student does not need all of the tickets assigned to them that they return those tickets to the Main Office. We understand that many families would like more tickets than what their son/daughter are issued, although we cannot guarantee that we can provide any extras to those families. Our “extra tickets” are based on the number of tickets other students return. If you would like to get on the list for extra tickets, please call Betsy Allen at 406-324-2207. Again, please understand that you are not guaranteed any extra tickets even if your name is added the list. If there are extras to be given out, you will be contacted a few days before Graduation and will be asked to sign for them in the Main Office.
Semester test schedule for Seniors Only!
June 2nd, 2020 – Periods 4, 5, 6, and 7
*Please note that students still attend classes during 0-3 on this day.
June 3rd, 2020 – Periods 0, 1, 2 and 3
Graduation rehearsal will begin on Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 11:30 a.m. at the Carroll College PE Center. Students need to be seated by 11:20 a.m. Practice is mandatory for students to participate in the ceremony. Practice is approximately 2 hours. The ceremony will be approximately the same length.
Use of alcohol/drugs before or during graduation or rehearsal will not be tolerated. Anyone suspected of use, will be removed from the lineup, both at rehearsal and at graduation. Check with your Counselor for any cap and gown issues.
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
The Senior Picnic will immediately follow graduation practice on Thursday, June 4th, 2020. The picnic will be at Centennial Park (near the YMCA).
Students who participate in the graduation ceremony are expected to abide by the following guidelines:
- Please find your chair and sit down in the row you are assigned until Principal Thennis has finished with announcements.
- You will be asked to line up according to the walk-in list. Look for the person directing your row number and follow them. That person will instruct you how to line up.
- Certain circumstances may arise causing some of you to line up alone. If you are alone, you will be paired with either the people ahead of or behind you.
- If the weather is bad on the day of graduation, you will line up in the upstairs weight room at the Carroll College PE Center. If the weather is good you will line up in the Carroll College PE Center gymnasium.
Be prepared to take care of any school fines before graduation practice. ALL FINES must be paid on Friday, June 5th by NOON in order to receive your diploma. Senior fines have been posted on the main office windows beginning after spring break and will be updated on a weekly basis. Please check Power School or contact the bookkeeper for your fine status. Final Fine Lists are posted by the end of Graduation Practice and seniors are encouraged to check the list or access Power School to be sure they did not acquire any other fines that morning – as several textbooks are turned in that morning that might have added a damage fine, etc.
Commencement exercises begin at 10:00 AM therefore, SENIORS MUST REPORT BY 9:00 AM. DO NOT WEAR YOUR GOWNS, but please bring them.
Diplomas will be handed out after you come off the stage and before you sit down. Your report card will be mailed to you. If you do not receive your diploma, please stop by the HHS Main Office this summer. Please stay in your line as you march in during graduation. Two representatives of the junior class will lead the seniors in at the beginning of the ceremony.
If you have any questions, contact the school at 406-324-2200.
Care of the Cap and Gown
The wearing of caps and gowns has been handed down to us as a symbol of learning. As soon as possible upon receiving your gowns, place the gown on a hanger to allow the folds to fall out. If a light pressing is needed, ALWAYS USE A PRESSING CLOTH BETWEEN THE IRON (which should be set at low) AND THE GOWN. Excessive heat will ruin the gown.
The cap must be placed on your head so that the mortarboard is level with the long point of the crown at the back. The front point should be well down on the forehead. Please do not wear the cap so far back that it needs to have bobby pins to hold it on.
Be respectful of the graduation ceremony. Be a Class Act!
Mortar boards may be tastefully decorated. Please select appropriate attire to be worn underneath your gowns.
Use of alcohol/drugs before or during graduation or rehearsal will not be tolerated. Anyone suspected of use will be removed from the lineup, both at rehearsal and at graduation.
Parade of Graduates
Seniors – this is your opportunity to return to your previous middle school to celebrate your graduation with former teachers and to inspire younger students to graduate. You will need to wear your cap and gown for this event. Transportation will be provided.
The Parade of Graduates is happening ??.
- Clancy will be held 5/23. Load bus at 1:30 pm on Roberts Street.
- Montana City and EVMS students will be picked up @ 9:30 and depart @ 9:40 am from HHS.
- HMS students will be picked up @ 9:45 and depart @ 9:40 from HHS.
- Attendance will be taken. Load the bus on Roberts street. Make sure you have your cap and gown on when you get on the bus.
- Questions? Stop by the counseling center.
Travis Belcher, Sales Representative
PO Box 6307
Helena, MT 59604
(406) 443-3840 Fax
Graduation Day Ceremony Pictures!
Students will be photographed professionally during the graduation ceremony. For more information on ordering these prints please click here.
Senior All Night Party
Who: All 2020 Helena Schools Graduates
When: Saturday, June 6, 2020
Where: Helena Civic Center
Class of 2020 SENIOR ALL NIGHT PARTY with release_1
We need parents\teens to:
1) buy a ticket
2) bring a baby and senior photo to the office
3) volunteer the night of the party. See additional information below.
- Doors open for admission from 7 – 9:00 pm only the night of the party – anyone leaving during the night will not be re-admitted;
- Photo ID required
- Ends 4:00 a.m. on June 2nd
- Cell phones will be permitted;
- Tobacco use will not be allowed during the event;
- Anyone using alcohol or drugs; or acting in a violent or threatening manner will be detained by law enforcement until a parent/guardian escorts him/her home;
- Backpacks, purses, or other bags will not be allowed into the facility;
- Any graduate needing special accommodations to attend the event is encouraged to contact a SANP Chair; Senior All Night Party for contact info
- Seniors and Volunteers must show Photo ID
Planning Meeting Dates – This year’s Senior All Night Party Planning meetings are at 5:30 pm in Room 326 of the City County Building at 316 N Park Ave.
Dates are: January 21st, Feb 24th, March 23rd, April 21st, May 11th and the Final Party is on June 6th.
Any questions, please contact Michelle Lingenfelter (406-457-5849) and/or you can find updates on Facebook – Helena Senior All Night Party 2020.
Students – be a part of the fun and get your spot reserved now!
Tickets – can be purchased online at Senior All Night Party
Tickets – will be sold on line and at HHS on during lunch. Tickets are $55 until April 1. Tickets will be sold for $65 onsite at Helena High – April 22, 23 & 24 from 11:45-12:45 and May 13, 14, & 15, from 11:45-12:45
Civic Center Door on Party Night – Tickets will be $75 from 7:00-9:00 pm only!
Parents – your help is needed to make this a party a night to remember and help your student get a ticket.
Pictures – Help your teen submit a baby and senior photo. Please put the photos in an envelope with the student’s name and graduating school – then drop them off at your school’s main office. The photos will be picked up each Friday until May 20th! Photos may not be returned if your senior does not attend the SANP!
Volunteers – We are in need of volunteers to work a shift the night of the party. We’re using VolunteerSpot (the leading online Sign-up and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming Sign-ups. Here’s how it works in 4 easy steps:
1) To volunteer the night of the party, click on the link Senior All Night Party then click on the “Volunteer Night of the Party” tab,
2) Under this tab, you will be able to volunteer for specific tasks the night of the party using VolunteerSpot.
3) Review your choices, pick the task(s) you want, and then click on the task(s),
4) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact ?? at to sign up manually.
We would like it known that this is for all parents from all Helena schools, HHS, CHS, Helena Christian, St. Andrews, PAL, and home-schooled.
For more information please click here Senior All Night Party or email Mary Pat Penley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 565-1409.