Advisor: Kayla Lunnon 406.324.2250
Where: HHS Room 4
When: This is a credit bearing class that is taken during the student’s regular class schedule, but students are required to attend games and functions to obtain quotes and photos. Some fundraising is required—concessions, selling ads, selling yearbooks, etc.
Who: 10-12 grade, but acceptance requires an application. 9th graders must obtain special permission.
A yearbook, also known as an annual, is a type of a book published annually including to record, highlight, and commemorate the past year of a school. High school yearbooks generally cover a wide variety of topics from academics, student life, sports, clubs and other major school events. Generally, each student is pictured with their class, while seniors might get a page-width picture or a slightly larger photo than the underclassmen to reflect their status in the school. Each school organization, such as a sports team or academic/social club, is usually pictured. Your Helena High School Yearbook staff is always looking for great pictures to use in the yearbook. If you have some cool pictures of you and your friends having fun—please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name and identify anyone else in the picture with you. It also helps if you include a brief summary of where the picture was taken, what date and what you were doing.
2017-2018 Yearbooks are now $85. Prices will increase as the school year continues. Buy your yearbook now online at:
One of the many things to think about over the summer is senior pictures. While we encourage you to explore your options during the photo session, there are a few things to act on when it comes to submitting your yearbook photo:
Please have your professional photographer submit your senior picture following these instructions:
1. Photos must be submitted in a digital format by email to email@example.com or on CD. The digital image must be no smaller than 4×6 inches and 300 dpi. They must be saved as lastnamefirstname. For example, Anna Smith would be Smithanna. Photos taken on a cell phone are NOT high enough resolution and may be denied for print.
2. Image must be good clarity and detail. Image should be made from the original digital image or negative. No special effects permitted.
3. All photos MUST be in color. No black and white or sepia photos will be accepted.
4. Scanned images from photographs may not be accepted due to loss of quality in the scanning process.
5. Photos must be a professional looking portrait from the waist up.
6. No props may be visible, i.e. cars, animal, flags or instruments. We would rather highlight you on the other pages in this manner.
7. Dress should be appropriate attire; standard school dress is suggested.
Photos that do not adhere to these standards may be cut from the yearbook. The student’s school photo will be substituted if the requirements are not met or if we do not receive a photo by the deadline. Also, senior photos will not be returned to the students.
The DEADLINE for submission is OCTOBER 5, 2018. Please keep this date in mind and make your appointments early. Photographers also need time to process your photos before they can be submitted.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Lunnon at 324-2250 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School pictures will be re-taken on October 12, 2017. Please bring your picture packet to be returned. All students will have their picture taken for ID purposes.
Last chance to vote for senior superlatives! All votes will be counted on February 9th, 2018!